Sr Software Engineer
Long-term Contract (Remote)
What’s This About?
Rooster Park is seeking 2 Sr. Software Engineers
with Go/Golang experience
for a long-term consulting project where you can work from home
helping our partner improve their AWS-based global streaming media platform.
Who Are We?
Rooster Park (www.roosterpark.com
) is an “engineering-lead / engineering focused” boutique software development consultancy obsessed with delivering excellence for our clients and improving their performance. We employ experienced consultants passionate about delivering quality, yet our approach includes hiring for aptitude, while training for skill. We’re a team who love to accomplish great things together!
What You’d Be Doing
Our partner has built a high capacity backend platform based on Go/Golang, Kubernetes, AWS and MongoDB with a React UI that pushes content to mobile and web applications which provide services for streaming media globally. You’ll be helping to automate and scale the ability to connect data throughout a complex technical platform pushed from over 3,000 data sources. This includes:
The Experience & Skills We’re Seeking
- Adding access to existing data stores
- Creating workflow and configuration improvements
- Adding virtualization
What About the Soft-Skills?
- 6+ years of software development experience including backend development; frontend development experience is not required but is a plus.
- Strong understanding of Go/Golang and experience with any of the following OOP languages: Java/C#/C/C++/Swift.
- Experience developing S/W for distributed architectures with a keen eye for scalability and reliability.
- Experience configuring and developing software for cloud environments, especially AWS, GCP & Azure.
- Experience with database technologies such as RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL), MongoDB or cloud solutions (AWS, Azure, Google).
- You are team-oriented by nature, positivity comes naturally for you
- You’re skilled at interacting with stakeholders across teams
- You think in terms of solutions, not problems, and you think ‘outa de box’
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field, and/or equivalency in experience
We work hard to create a supportive environment, where employees enjoy strong competitive pay and medical, dental, vision benefits. We reward leadership, diligence and the desire to achieve more. Rooster Park is an equal opportunity employer, committed to workforce diversity.
Unfortunately, at this time we are not able to provide sponsorship for employment and cannot accept agency submissions. Thank you!