Sr. Cloud Automation Engineer
Our client, developer of a highly scaled streaming media platform, is seeking a talented DevOps/Cloud Automation engineer to automate and drive further improvement in their deployment of software services. We're looking for someone with a passion for automation, expertise in AWS, containerization and experience deploying services to large scale, enterprise sized environments preferably with zero downtime required. The ideal candidate will have experience designing and implementing tools that enable hands off, push button deployments using a wide variety of automation platforms.
- Be the go-to engineering resource embedded in an engineering team to manage, build, and maintain pre-production environments.
- Create automation (using GoLang, Python, bash or shell scripting, Chef, Jenkins and others) to automate the deployment of software to all environments.
- Take the deployment process of these services to the next level
- Develop tools and methods to create entire environments at the push of a button for "one off" testing, load testing, etc.
- Collaborate with the operation teams that support these services and develop processes that are in line with their best practices
- 5-7 years experience supporting customer facing web services and sites in a production environment
- Experience with cloud environments, preferably AWS
- Development experience with GoLang or Python
- Experience with containerization, and Kubernetes and/or Docker
- Working experience with Chef, Puppet, Ansible or similar in large scale production environments
- Strong experience in Linux system administration and troubleshooting
- Management of continuous integration/deployment environments using tools like Jenkins/Hudson
- Experience working with development teams to understand deployment requirements and application troubleshooting
- Experience working in a collaborative environment with the ability to pair with other engineers to dig into problems that occur in both pre-production and production environments
- Excellent problem solving skills along with the ability to work independently as well as part of a cross-functional team
- Ability to work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth evaluation of various factors
- Basic knowledge of networking and security concepts
This is a longterm contract role, located onsite at our partner's office in Seattle.