Software Engineer - Mid-Level (CI/CD)
What’s This About?
Our Seattle-based client is seeking several mid-level Software Engineers with experience developing microservices. You’ll be working with a new infrastructure platform that supports a consumer-facing, globally-used media streaming product. This team builds the tools and frameworks necessary for continuous code delivery and deployment to multiple service teams across the organization.
Our client is willing to hire based on good CS fundamentals and experience with some of the cloud-based, containerization tools named below so you’ll be able to learn the rest. Here’s an opportunity to build and learn services from the infrastructure level to production level delivery.
Who Are We?
Rooster Park (www.roosterpark.com) is an “engineering-lead / engineering focused” boutique software development consultancy obsessed with delivering excellence for our clients and improving their performance. We employ experienced consultants passionate about delivering quality, yet our approach includes hiring for aptitude, while training for skill. We’re a team who love to accomplish great things together!
What You’d Be Doing…
At-a-Glance: Learn New Build Platform => Prep/Modify/Create Services => Use Containerization Tools => Migrate Services to New Build Platform
Additional Projects in Pipeline
· You’ll be helping to add distributed tracing to all services
· Add standardized wrappers to connector libraries for databases
The Experience & Skills We’re Seeking
· 3+ years of experience as a Software Developer with any OOP language in an open source environment developing and launching distributed services for microservice architecture
· Experience with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) utilizing AWS Cloud ecosystem is highly preferred, but not required. We’ll consider experience with Azure & GCP cloud instead of AWS
· Experience developing build pipelines (preferred) utilizing at least one of the following tools:
· Experience with Node.js is ideal, but interested in experience with other paradigms
· 3+ years of experience writing scripts in Typescript, Python, Groovy, or other scripting language
What About the Soft-Skills
· You’re skilled at interacting with stakeholders across teams
· You think in terms of solutions, not problems, and you think ‘outa de box’
· You are team-oriented by nature, it comes naturally to you
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field, and/or equivalency in experience
We work hard to create a supportive environment, where employees enjoy strong competitive pay and medical, dental, vision benefits. We reward leadership, diligence and the desire to achieve more. Rooster Park is an equal opportunity employer, committed to workforce diversity.
Unfortunately, at this time we are not able to provide sponsorship for employment and cannot accept agency submissions. Thank you!