Sr. Software Development Engineer - .Net/Azure
If you are an experienced C#/.NET/Azure software engineer, passionate about building software that improves the lives of millions of customers, have a deep intellectual curiosity around software development practices, and are energized by the challenge of completely rebuilding a major platform from scratch - then we have the job for you.
Our client, a major insurer in the Pacific Northwest for companies big and small, is going through a massive initiative to reduce the cost of healthcare by making their online systems for patients and providers easy, fast, and accurate. This requires Senior Engineers who can leverage their significant .NET platform and Azure experience, and who are able to work well with peers to make significant progress on development efforts with a brand new engineering team. You’ll work with other senior engineers and leaders on a greenfield project with visibility to the highest levels of the organization.
- Build commercial-grade, highly-scaled, complex backend systems (C#/.NET/Azure) that can support significant user interaction and rapidly-changing business needs
- Focus on pragmatic, flexible solutions without over-engineering
- Work with agile methodologies, such as extreme programming, test-driven development, and pair programming
- 5+ years commercial software development experience, most recently/primarily in the C#/.NET stack, building and shipping products for real-world customers at scale
- Experience deploying to the cloud, preferably Azure
- Strong understanding of microservices architecture
- Experience with paired programming and/or TDD
- Play well with others, don't be a jerk, etc. This is a small and experienced team - no room for toxicity
This is a longterm contract role, located onsite at our partner's office north of Seattle.
We’re Rooster Park (http://www.roosterpark.com/), and we’re obsessed with finding great fits for our partners. We’re Seattle-based and engineering-led, and we offer a comprehensive benefits plan, a 401(k), subsidized transit, and an excellent team of coworkers. Hope to hear from you!