Rooster Park is a boutique technical consulting and staffing firm in Seattle with a carefully selected client list.
We're looking for a Senior Technical Recruiter to join our small, motivated team. It's the beginning of 2019, and we're already growing beyond our means: we need the right person to help us.
We specialize in full-time and contract recruiting, custom software and product development, technical advising, and technical staff augmentation for specialized and high-bar clients. We work with some of the most forward thinking companies in the Puget Sound area and have an exceptional reputation with our clients and technical staff. We're generally recruiting for the software development ecosystem (engineers, QA, design, program management, etc.) and have clients across technical stacks, but are primarily open-source focused. You can read more about us at http://roosterpark.com
The right recruiter for us deeply understands how to source great local technical talent for both fulltime and contract work, evaluate technical and culture fit, close candidates, and enjoys building and managing relationships with our partners. We're fortunate enough to be able to be choosy about clients, recruiters, and candidates. Our recruiters find people who didn't know they were ready for their next job, have engineers in town who know and trust them, and increase our credibility while building out our reputation. If this is what you're good at you'll love our clients and company culture; you'll be excited to find great talent, and enjoy telling stories later about the amazing things we manage to pull off for our clients.
We're fun to work with, flexible on our schedule, not obsessed with quotas and input metrics; we're intent on finding somebody with remarkably strong relationship-building skills, already connected to the Seattle community, is highly organized, and knows how to get things done.
Compensation is very competitive, with a reasonable salary and a generous commission plan that values both great individual performance and teamwork.
• Source, recruit, evaluate and close technical candidates, focusing on quality
• Create consultative and genuine ongoing relationships with our staff engineers, prospective engineering talent, clients and partners
• Find ways to optimize our continuously improving processes
• Be collaborative: we're a tight-knit team who are supportive and eager to help our colleagues be successful
• Communicate clearly, concisely, and respectfully to your team, your partners, and your candidates
• Think like an owner: everyone pitches in to get things done (we don't expect everyone to be online 24x7, but we don't let things drop)
• 5+ years as a technical recruiter, preferably from a commercial software development environment with a high engineering bar, either corporate or agency (or 3+ years as a recruiter and 3+ years as a software development professional); strong preference for experience in the Seattle area
• Specific experience in and talent for sourcing and recruiting software engineering candidates, ideally both contract and full-time
• The ability to deeply understand and evaluate technical candidates on a variety of levels, including technical skill set and career goals, and to be able to make rational, justifiable recommendations to our team and clients
• Enough technical understanding to be credible to our candidates and to understand our clients quickly
• Clear communication and negotiation skills, with specific experience closing candidates for your previous employer or clients
• Comfort with the agency recruiting and compensation model
Please provide any information you can (resume, LinkedIn profile, etc.). We're only looking for full-time candidates in the Seattle area. No firms. Please email first.