One of our partners is looking to add a full time Sr. Ruby on Rails Engineer to their team. You’ll integrate closely with the existing small team of engineers and have a lot of ownership around your work. It’s a well-run engineering organization with a genuinely nice group of engineers and product owners.
You’ll be sharing architectural responsibilities with an existing engineer to help design and develop new features and platforms. Additionally, our client would like someone interested in team leadership to help scale the team over the next 12-24 months. This is an opportunity for someone that is interested in leadership (but may not have it) to get that experience with a growing organization. Of course, if you have that experience and want to expand on it, that’s great too.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building software at scale and solving interesting, real world business problems in a modern technical environment
- Sharing architectural responsibilities with another senior member of the team
- Helping add many new features and initiatives to help our client expand significantly
- Helping lead the team through expected growth
- Communicating clearly, professionally, and consistently with your team
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of professional software development in the Ruby/Rails ecosystem
- Experience building and shipping products for real-world customers at scale, including thinking about performance and reliability
- Specific experience with architectural design
- Exceptional skills working on a small team, with interest in team leadership
- You are reliable, responsible, consistent, nice, and passionate about what you do
- Be available to work onsite in Seattle
This is a full-time job in Seattle, WA.