We're looking for a solid Java / Full Stack Developer who's passionate about enterprise applications, and loves solving knotty problems, working with a small and focused team with a great deal of autonomy, and getting to know the customer in a deep way.
One of our clients is the market leader in a complex manufacturing and wholesaling market: their system does everything from planning and scheduling supplies and inventory to preparing bills of lading to ship to major retailers. Their application is better than any big ERP systems because it's deeply customized for the market, and their customers love it. You'll join a small engineering team as a Senior Engineer, and be responsible for major feature addition and improvement on a newly-rewritten, modern platform.
- Design and develop new customer features, in conjunction with other engineers, customers, support, and executives
- Iterate on existing features for current customers
- Provide guidance on future platform and technology directions
- Play well with others, work smoothly with your colleagues, etc.
Nice to have:
- Strong Java (5+ years) & Spring Framework (3+ years) development experience; assume you'll be asked some challenging engineering questions during the process
- Strong SQL skills - ideally SQL Server experience, or MySQL/PostgreSQL/Oracle
- Solid communication and abstract thinking skills, the ability to relate and have empathy for your users / customers in the agricultural and floriculture space
- Experience with Swing
- Experience doing Android / iOS / Mobile development (or interest in learning)
- Experience with MyEclipse, JIBX, JAXB
- Building ERPs or large scale software tools, logistics and supply chain and other relevant industry experience
- A passion for gardening, farming or other relevant grower / agricultural knowledge