Rooster Park is hiring a Senior Java Engineer for our Downtown Seattle Client.
We’re hiring a senior engineer for a large scale software initiative with a sharp and motivated team. Customer usage has significantly increased and we’re working to scale services to support this growth. You’ll be re-architecting, extending and adding new features to an existing Java platform.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with our client, a larger, more established company, to make significant upgrades to their primary service within the Java ecosystem (Microservices, AWS)
- Build new features, write high quality, clean and maintainable code while providing consulting expertise, collaborating with stakeholders and owning timeline estimations
- Communicate clearly, professionally, and consistently with your team and your client
- Be a good person; we’re proud to work with every single Rooster Park engineer and you will be too!
What you bring to the table:
- 6+ years of professional software development; more is better
- Real-world experience with large scale Java services, including thinking about performance and reliability
- Passion around code quality with excitement around engineering best practices
- Exceptional skills working autonomously, strong drive and self-direction, you’re a senior engineer and will be treated as such
- You are reliable, responsible, consistent, nice, and passionate about what you do
- Be available to work onsite in Downtown Seattle
We pay competitively and have excellent health and other benefits. This is a contract opportunity to start, but our client is actively extending FTE offers to engineers who are mutually great fits, so if that’s of interest to you, it’s a genuine option to consider!
No recruiters, no sponsorship. Hope to hear from you!