Senior Software Development Engineer
If you're a strong senior/principal full stack developer with solid CS fundamentals and a passion for building massively-scaled consumer facing web applications, we have a great role for you.
One of our international partners (an exceptionally well-funded global company with a significant equity opportunity) is building a new Engineering Office in Seattle, and we’re building a small team of very senior/principal engineers to seed the office: a team that will embed with current global staff, and then architect and build the next-generation platform.
- Integrate with an international team to become familiar with the key technical challenges and business priorities
- Serve as a true technical leader, provide technical direction at a strategic level, and architect and develop new systems
- Build a location based, highly performant, massively-scaled system that can support significant user interaction
- Focus on performance, scalability, and reliability
- Work closely with strong engineers, program managers, and others in Seattle and offices around the world
- 8+ years commercial software development experience, building and shipping products for real-world customers at scale
- 5+ years experience in ownership of significant features or elements of complex web systems at scale, with proven design skills
- Strong understanding of system performance
- Significant experience working independently and being self-motivated
- Strong CS fundamentals (with competencies in algorithms and data structures)
- Excellent communication skill, and analytical abilities; ability to think critically of the current system, with respect to growth, performance and stability
- Comfort working with international teams, and some willingness to travel to Asia
- BS degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology or related fields required
- Understanding of systems internals and networking are a plus
This is a full-time role, located onsite at the Company’s downtown Seattle office.
We’re Rooster Park (http://www.roosterpark.com/), and we’re obsessed with finding great fits for our partners. We’re Seattle-based and engineering-led, and we take these searches very seriously. Hope to hear from you!